4 May 2011

Hobo or Snob: Pierre Hardy vs. Topshop

thehighstreethobo.blogspot.com
Part of the mission of this blog is to find smart high street fashion buys alongside High street versions of designer goods. Let's face it, not everyone can afford to drop £400 on a pair of shoes, T-shirts, jeans or whatever the said designer item may cost.

I've always found it quite ridiculous to pay £,000's for something i might only end up wearing once or twice but then fashion aficionados might argue that designer pieces are key investments which I'd agree with in some cases, but most times,  I'd maintain my 'no thanks' stance. Enough of my rambling, the first Hobo or snob entry on this blog is between Pierre Hardy's Colour block canvas and patent leather wedge sandals (available at net- a -porter) and Topshop's Natural linen platform wedges
Pierre Hardy Colour Block Wedge Sandals @ Net-a-Porter
Topshop Natural linen High Vamp Peep Toe @ Topshop



No arguments about who copied who here, but this Topshop version of Pierre Hardy's canvas wedge is just as easy on the eyes as it is on the pocket, in fact I prefer Topshop's version. So over to you readers, followers, By stoppers etc. will you be a Hobo or A Snob on this one 

1 comment:

The Young Radicals said...

I actually prefer the topshop version. It stands out. I wish I could shop in these store...to bad they aren't in Atlanta. *sigh*